How to Chalk Paint a Dresser With Annie Sloan Paris Grey Chalkpaint

$60

I just can’t begin to say enough good about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

The directions for how to paint a dresser with Annie Sloan chalk paint is seriously so easy!

Gather supplies-

Chalk paint we used Annie Sloans Paris Grey

Wax- Annie Sloan Wax

Paint brushes- We used a 2" brush

Screw driver- to remove hardware

Old Rags for wiping spills and then clean rags to use with wax

Drop Cloths or old blankets

Remove all the drawers and/or doors and hardware from dresser.

Use some drop cloths or old blankets placed under the legs and then just start painting!

We painted this dresser right in my moms bedroom!

The paint dries super fast especially here in the West where we have really dry air.

One coat could actually have been enough but we went with 2 coats but it hardly took any paint.

A total win! We just used a 2" paint brush and brushed it on. No sanding, no prep!!

I have also chalk painted my moms bed, our Entertainment center and our Master bath vanity! I love this stuff!

It turned out amazing! My mom loves her dresser now! It looks so French and chic now! It is always amazing how paint can change the entire look of a piece of furniture or room!

25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Karins Kottage

• Elliek19
    Elliek19

Do you need to prime the piece so that the knots from the pine won’t eventually bleed through?

• Karins Kottage
      Karins Kottage

That is a good question. We did not prime the piece and nothing has bled through. I am sure if you are concerned it would you could prime it. Thanks for your question.

Karin

• Tina
    Tina

What other paint would you recommend besides chalk paint? I'm not a fan of it..Thank you..

• Jeanne Martin
      Jeanne Martin

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Valspar Cabinet & Furniture paint. It is self leveling so no brush marks and it dries and cures to a super hard finish. I bang my vacuum on my coffee table legs all the time (my bad) and after 3 years still no nicks or marks. It dries fairly fast but it takes a week or more before you get that super hard finish.

• Maureen
    Maureen

How do we get chalk paint off furniture ...... I painted mine with chalk paint years ago now want a change ??

• Karins Kottage
      Karins Kottage

I would say sand it off or strip it off. I have not changed any of my chalk painted projects so I do not know. I would check with your paint store or look online for those that have removed it to see what they did.

Thanks for your question.

Karin

• Lynne
    Lynne

lovely job, and color!

• Carmen
    Carmen

♡♡♡ VERY UNIQUE & AWESOME , FANTASTIC JOB, I LOVE IT ♡♡♡