Backyard Paver Job

$3000

This was a large undertaking and a couple of days work but we saved so much money by doing this ourselves.

Before

What you’ll need:

String

Level

Stakes

Cement

Saw

Measuring tape

Wheelbarrow

Pavers

Quarter minus

Water

Sand dirt

Rubber mallet

Hose and water

Broom

You may need a few people to help or someone with some experience, but I’ll give you my step-by-step.

Begin by clearing the rocks away from the area that you’ll be paving. My home is a new build so my backyard was fairly clean but the builder had put rocks in the front and sides so I had to remove the sides as I wanted the pavers down the side and to the front.

After the rocks were removed, we then hauled quarter minus to the area where the pavers will go.

Then, we packed it to provide a hard surface and level and slope as we need.

After you have packed and leveled the ground you should lightly wet it with a hose. You can begin laying your pavers on.

Now, just place the pavers to fit. Use a rubber mallet to hit in place when they are tight. Place the level on top to make sure they are even. Add quarter minus if you need to make them more level.

Once you have the pavers in place, add cement to the edge to hold them all in place.

You can see the cement at the edge here.

Then add sand over the top and fill in the cracks using a broom.

Now I have a patio!

This is my sidewalk down the side of the house.

This was a big job and I would recommend having someone that has done this before to help. This was a $3000 dollar job and you definitely want to make sure it's done right.

I think ours turned out great! Let me know what you think!

After hauling 5 ton of river rock it’s done. I’ll be adding artificial plants to make this a Maintenance free backyard. See more diy at Gilbert Marketplace on Facebook or YouTube

Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss