White Dresser Makeover

$80
Advanced

This dresser needed an update! So I turned the lights on ✨ this dresser became so elegant and classic, with some vintage details. Although I had to do this piece TWICE! for reasons you will read below, I still love it.

BEFORE we turned the lights on 💡

First things first, remove hardware

And sand down! I was planning on leaving the legs and pills natural wood, so I added painters tape to them after the sanding was done so the paint would get on the wood.

scuff sanding the rest was all that was needed since I was painting.

Before the hardware spray painted

I sprayed the hardware in varathanes champagne gold. I love this colour because it’s so soft looking.

Prime time

I did two coats of primer on this dresser, using a brand new can of paint.... (and this is where the sad part happens)

I started to paint the off white paint

After I did 3 coats of crinoline by country chic I removed the tape

I than whitewashed the wood poles using 1:1 ratio of water and paint

So I’m my head, I think I’m done. I re attached the handles top coated in varathanes satin coat, and leave it. I had left the appropriate amount of time in between drying ect .....

The next morning I come to stage the dresser and I see there CRACKING in the paint!!!

i literally was going to cry, and I was so confused! I did the same thing I always do.

After a bunch of research and help from a fellow furniture painter, i came to the conclusion that the flaw was in the primer. I hadn’t stirred my primer enough... even tho I did it wasn’t enough. And this is a form of tannin bleed through!! Which sometimes only shows up once you top coat with polyurethane! Ughhhhh I was so mad.

Anyways, I sanded lightly the dresser down again, got all the flaws out, and redid the primer 3 times after stirring the heck out of it. Than I applied 3 coats of behrs off white (I can’t remember the name I’ll look later) because I RAN OUT of my other paint the first time around.

I then prayed and applied the top coat!

And here it is! It ended up exactly what I wanted, just took more time and more product and more learning experiences 🤗❤️

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box

• Nan
    Nan

when you went to fix the mistake you said you prayed.

Did you thank him, it came OUT BEAUTIFUL !