Laundry Room Mask Sorter

$4

We have a million masks in our house and often I wind up washing clean ones because I'm not sure if the were dirty or not. I wanted to have a convenient place to grab a clean mask and drop off our dirty ones. Using scrap wood and two dollar store baskets, and my Cricut this is what I came up with.

After closing my location, I cut a piece of scrap wood large enough for my two baskets and graphics.

I painted it with two coats of Fusion Mineral in the color Champlain.

I had two of these little wire baskets- one black and one white. I spray painted the white one off white to match the board.

I purchased my graphics on Etsy for just a couple of dollars.

Then, using the Cricut software. I imported them and sized them down to fit the board.

Then my Cricut did its thing. I'm in awe of this machine...even after three years of using it.

The vinyl was applied after careful measurements and a lot of patience.

Using a large washer and a 3/4" wood screw, I drilled through one of the basket holes to secure it to the board.

I then repeated it with the other basket.

Here it is, after screwing it into the wall and touching up with some paint. I don't think I'll be confusing my clean and dirty masks anymore.

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Erin
    Erin

Why would she incinerate REUSABLE masks? As long as you wash them & insert new filters, you should be good to go.

She probably wipes down the dirty basket with disinfectant after removing the masks for washing. And wipes down the clean basket before putting clean masks back in it.

• Erin
      Erin

She didn’t. It was a different commenter who complained the baskets were too close together.

You should be able to get a dozen washes out of a mask before disposing them. Washing will eventually wear out their integrity & need to be replaced.

• Ray
    Ray

Why are the basket so close? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the clean ones?

• Lisa West
      Lisa West

Organization people the germs are not going to jump from one mask to another sitting in a basket. The dirty mask would have to be rubbed all over a clean one. Plus most people would hit the dirty mask with spray hand sanitizer before putting into the basket. To much but picking here. Each one of will do things they way do them in our own homes.

I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA. NOT ONLY FOR THE VID GOING AROUND NOW, BUT STREP, FLU, STOMACH VIRUS LIKE THE RODO VIRUS. THAT STOMACH FLU IS THE WORST. BRONCHITIS, PNUEMONIA AND OTHER NASTY VIRUSES AND BACTERIA THAT GOES AROUND. NOTE LICE LOVE CLEAN HAIR. SO USE HAIR PRODUCTA IN YOUR KIDS HAIR LIKE GEL MOUSE HAIR SPRAY ETC. THIS BUGS CANT LAY EGGS IN THE HAIR AS EASILY OR AT ALL. AND THEY DONT LIKE THE TASTE EITHER.

• Kristina
    Kristina

What are your thoughts on the Cricut Joy?

• A
      A

I couldn't say, as I have never used one. I can't recommend the explore air enough though...it does so much.