Repurpose Your Christmas Tree Collar as Storage Throughout the Year!

$10

Christmas tree collars are so pretty; and come in all shapes and textures. They are also big and can take up lots of space to store. I decided to put mine to use throughout the year!

I found this beautiful wicker tree collar basket at the Goodwill for $10! When I first spotted it, it was full of Christmas wreaths. The basket caught my eye; and it was a bonus when I discovered it was a tree collar! I have been looking for one!

Baskets can be so expensive, and storage tight (especially for big items like this tree collar.) I'm going to show you how I created a pretty storage spot for random Christmas decor, linens, and pillows using a Christmas tree collar!

This is the beautiful wicker basket tree collar I found at the Goodwill! For $10, it was a steal!

I placed it in a corner, where I knew it would stay the entire year. I would suggest finding a place you plan to leave it since it is bottomless.

I decided to store some random Christmas decor in the bottom. I knew I would not need it until next year; so being on the bottom will work perfectly.

I then decided to add some random linen type items I use throughout the year here and there. I included random table runners and curtains.

I added a layer of white curtains I am currently not using to cover the other items.

I then added a few pillows I had lying around. I tend to switch those out throughout the year as well.

I added a cozy blanket, a couple floral stems, and a decorative sign to finish it off!

I love how pretty and useful this little corner turned out!

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Sharon Harrison
    Sharon Harrison

I love that you made storage but I have to admit I've never heard of a "tree collar". I've always used a "tree skirt". Can you tell me how they are used?

• Hi! They are basically used in place of a tree skirt. They go around the base of your tree. Some people use wooden boxes; or create their own DIY collar from baskets and such. you can buy them in the stores around Christmas or online all year. They have all types of textures as well! From galvanized to wicker.

• D Thomas
    D Thomas

By the way, your tree color repurpose idea is the only one that pops up when you google this type of project! 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

• D Thomas
    D Thomas

*collar