Easily Create Beautiful Winter Art

$10

Creating fun and beautiful couldn't be easier and this piece is perfect for leaving up all Winter long!

Putting up pieces during the holiday season that I can then leave up all winter long makes taking down the Christmas decorations a little less sad each year. This year I made an art piece that I can leave up throughout the winter and was so easy to make.

Using transfers are a great way to create beautiful art without needing to be an artist or to know how to paint. I used the Woodland transfers from IOD but you can use any transfer you would like for this project.

See a transfer on a dresser here...

I started by grabbing a piece of wood from my scrap pile and painted it white using Milk Paint by Fusion. To get a worn, rustic look, I dragged the brush over the board letting some of the wood show through. This makes it look like the paint is worn and fading away.

With the board painted, I chose the transfers I wanted to use for this project and played with them until I got them in an arrangement I liked.

To help with the arrangement, I used a pencil to draw hills on the board. I filled in the hills later but these helped give me a way to arrange the pieces in a way that gave them depth.

Rubbing the transfers on couldn't be easier. Just rub with the included stick or a plastic card until the transfer changes colour. Gently peel away the clear sheet when you are done and the transfer will be stuck to the board.

To finish off my winter art, I mixed some Saltwash into the remaining milk paint. The Saltwash gives the paint a thick texture that helped me to recreate the look of snow. You could also use sawdust or any other thickener you might have.

With the Saltwash added, I just dabbed it on with a small paintbrush. Once it was dry it gave the winter the scene texture and looked like beautiful, fresh fallen snow.

This winter art piece was so easy to make and I love that I didn't have to take it down when Christmas was over.

If you liked this project, be sure to check out my new book Cottage Projects With a Vintage Flair here...

To see the original Recreated Designs post with additional pictures, please click the link below...

29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Recreated Designs

• Sher
    Sher

This project turned out perfectly! Thanks for the saltwash tip, I can see using it on many Christmas & winter projects! Great share!!

• Recreated Designs
      Recreated Designs

Absolutely about the Saltwash! I use it on all sorts of things from tables to signs. It is amazing for adding texture and also giving things a well-loved look :)

• Krista
    Krista

Beautiful and easy. Love it thanks for sharing.