How to Hang a Straight Line Gallery Wall

$200

Want to add a gallery wall to your home? Consider hanging art in a straight horizontal line. By adding different sizes of frames, you can still get an interesting look, without it looking too chaotic. Here's how to get this look. See this tutorial and more DIYs on my blog!

Here is the wall before we painted it and hung the art! We painted the top 1/3 white and the bottom 2/3 Behr's Tower Bridge which is a lovely dusty teal color.

Measure down from the top of your frame to where the hanging mechanism is. This could be a wire, hooks, loops, etc.

If you want the art centered on the bottom or center of the frame, measure from those points to the hanging mechanism. If you have a wire like this, "hang" it from your finger to mimic it hanging on a nail. It will stretch slightly. Measure to that point!

Mark on the wall where you want the top of your frame. Measure down the distance you measured in the previous step and mark that for where your nail/hook needs to go.

Add a nail or hook. I love these easy picture hanging hooks.

Repeat horizontally to complete your gallery wall!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Morgan McBride

• Carolyn Smith Tant
    Carolyn Smith Tant

How would you hang 8 x 16 frames? I have a small wall to put them on. I think I have 8 that size and 2- 8 x 10. Thank you for your ideas!!!

• NRgizer Bunny
    NRgizer Bunny

I love this idea and even love the paint color. My issue is that my home was built in the 30's and has plaster walls. Plaster doesn't allow these simple push in hangers.