DIY Dollar Store Greeting Card Artwork

$12

While looking for things to decorate our powder room, I came across a set of 4x6 hanging gold frames at HomeSense. I bought the frames but quickly realized it was going to be tough to find art small enough to fit in them.

While I'm sure I'll eventually find perfectly-sized prints that I love, for the time being, I'm pretty happy with the temporary solution I came up with, which was possible thanks to a trip to the dollar store!

Here is the set of hanging frames I purchased. I love that they're gold and have a pretty, little chain for hanging.

While grabbing a few packs of tissue paper from the dollar store, I noticed a collection of greeting cards that had fun, colourful designs on them. Each card only cost fifty cents, so I picked out four and hoped they'd fit in the frames.

When I got home from the dollar store, I was very happy to find my colourful greeting cards fit perfectly into the frames. I didn't have to trim them even the tiniest bit!

Within minutes, I had beautiful, colourful art ready to be displayed in the powder room.

And the best part is I'm going to continue to keep an eye out for other greeting cards, so if I come across a new design that works with the space, changing out the frames will be quick and easy.

I also think it could be cool to use vintage postcards but I haven't had any luck finding designs I like. Once COVID is under control, I'll be able to head out to my favourite antique shops again, so I'm sure I'll have an easier time finding exactly what I'm looking for.

23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Katie Sara Creates

• Ellen
    Ellen

Where did you get those frames? You don't mention it in the post and they are not from the Dollar Store. I've never seen frames that open from the front; that's really great for changing out your art!

• Melita Todd
    Melita Todd

For larger frames place mats work well too. I have even updated throw pillows with place mats.

• Aramat
    Aramat

My mother in law saved greeting cards for 50 years from every holiday. I’ll be looking for vintage frames for my hallway. Thanks for this idea!!