Wireless Under Cabinet Lighting

$90

You guys, I have the most fantastic DIY project ever for you today – wireless under cabinet lighting in just 5 minutes!And no, I promise it’s not too good to be true.I have wanted to do under cabinet lighting in my kitchen for quite awhile now. I just haven’t ever made it a priority. My mind started wandering to under cabinet lighting recently, though, so I decided to pursue it a bit. I didn’t want anything that was too involved (or expensive). So, I decided to call in the experts – ie, my dad.I asked him if there was any type of lighting that was battery operated that I could just simply screw in under the cabinets. I didn’t want the cost, or the hassle, of having to mess with running electricity to it all.After sending him the measurements of my cabinets, he came up with an option on Amazon that he felt would work well for what I wanted. And let me tell you – it did not disappoint!
  • This is the only supply needed - OxyLED 36 LED Motion Sensor Closet Lights
This is what came with each set. Three strips of light, three charging cables, and three sets of screws for mounting.Since I have a fairly long stretch of cabinet space on one side of my kitchen, I ordered two sets of three, which gave me six strips of light.Each light strip is 19 inches long, and the shortest cabinet space I have in my kitchen is 21 inches long. So, these were absolutely perfect. Each strip has a rechargeable battery (as well as the charging cord), a motion sensor setting (as well as on and off), and it can mount two ways – with screws or an adhesive strip.
On the underside of each light is a magnetic strip. This allows you to pull the light down from the mounting whenever it needs to be recharged. The light will start to dim when it needs to be recharged. So, just simply pull the light strip down and plug it in. It recharges within a couple of hours and is good to go.
In the above picture, you can see the opening for the screws if you choose to mount that way.
But here is where the magic lies – On the other side of the magnet is an adhesive strip. So, if you want the simplest mounting ever, just peel and stick. And that, folks, is exactly what I did.
It literally only took me a few minutes, and voila. Now I have under cabinet lighting.I figure, if the adhesive ever gives way, then I have the option of securing the lights with screws. They have been in place for a few weeks now, though, and I haven’t had a single issue with them.We generally have them set to the motion sensor setting, which is great at night and early in the morning. I don’t have to worry about fumbling with light switches in the dark, or if my hands are full. I simply have to walk into the kitchen, and the lights start popping on. 
In this image, the light above the coffee maker needs to be charged, and it has dimmed significantly. You can see how dramatic the difference is between that light and the light on the opposite side of the microwave.They are incredibly easy to charge. Just pull firmly to release the magnet and plug the strip in for a few hours. Then, simply snap it back into place.Also, the sensors won’t trigger in broad daylight, which helps conserve the battery life.
I think this has been one of my favorite DIY projects ever, and I do believe it tops the list as the easiest. What do you think of this wireless under cabinet lighting?

These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Amy | Health, Home, and Heart

• Mark W. Fern
    Mark W. Fern

Only problem is ur constantly charging them...

• As I stated in an earlier comment, that has not been my experience. This post was about a fast and affordable option for under cabinet lighting that has worked well for me.

• Nora
    Nora

Yeah! This is perfect timing as we are about to order lights for under our cabinets! I love that these are rechargeable! We appreciate your first hand recommendation! Thanks!