Coffee Mug Perch

$2

So what is a coffee mug perch? It’s a little tiny tray that makes you and your cup of coffee feel special. I love to repurpose and flip. Wait until you see what I used for this project.

Round wood top.

I had a very nice candle that came with a wood lid. Once the candle was finished I just couldn’t throw away the top.

Seagull stencil

I painted the lid a nice creamy light beige. Look closely to see the seagull stencil. I design stencils on my silhouette computer program and then cut them out on my silhouette machine. I painted the seagull white.

Seagull

Crazy next step- After it dried I stuck the inside of the stencil right back on top of the seagull.

Outline

I wanted to add a fuzzy outline to the seagull in a darker color. So I added the color carefully and then peeled off the stencil.

Ready for next step.

Time to add color to make a really cute seagull with a blue dotted scarf and matching boots.

Little Miss Seagull

Believe it or not this really was not that difficult to paint.

Little feet for the tray.

I painted little ball feet blue and used E6000 glue to add them to the bottom.

Tip: when I paint the wooden balls I stick the end of a paint brush into the hole that is on the flat side. Then I can just hold the paint brush as I paint the ball. When I’m done painting I stick the brush into a glass while the paint drys. I used Mod Podge to seal the entire project top and bottom. (Including the ball feet).

I used a ruler to help decide where the feet should be. I decided a 4” square will work.

Tip to place the feet.

So here is a four inch square piece of cardboard that helped me figure out where to place the feet on the bottom. I put a little dot to mark the spot. Easy peasy.

Bottom view.

Glue them on with my favorite glue...E6000.

Tada.

I live in a beach community with lots of seagulls. This little coffee cup perch will look perfect in someone’s coastal home.

Side view.

Look at those little blue feet! Tiny but oh so cute.

The end.

Matching coffee cup.

One final picture!!

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope this inspires you to think outside the box!

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts