Don't Ditch It-Fix It

$100

My granddaughter decided to take the plugin out of the wall and lay it on this tabletop so she could plug in her iPad.

Unfortunately, the plugin leaked all over the table and took the finish off. Ugh!

Lucky for my daughter she has a Mom that can fix just about anything. YAY, Mom to the rescue!

The oil from plugins can literally remove the stain off your stain furniture.

There is something in the oil that eats away at the stain or paint. I’m not sure what it is but don’t despair I can help you fix it.

Unfortunately, you cannot just go over the damaged area. The first thing you need to do is sand the entire piece. I use  medium-grit sandpaper  using an  electric sander. Make sure you sand in the direction of the wood grain.

This is the  stain I applied to the furniture piece. I used a walnut color that matched the existing wood finish.

After you’re done sanding wipes the area with a clean cloth to remove all dust particles. Once it’s clean apply the  stain using a clean cloth or sponge in the direction of the grain. If you want it a little darker, wait about 30 minutes, and apply a second coat.

Once the stain is dry apply two coats of  Polyurethane. I used a satin finish on this. I applied it with a  sponge roller. This will help protect.

Let it dry overnight and it’s good as new.

Look at that. It looks as good as new.

I hope you enjoyed this was helpful. If you have any questions or need help, join my FREE Facebook Group “ Ask Cheryl Phan

If you want to learn more Tricks and Tips, get my weekly blog  HERE.

See Ya on the inside!

Blessings

Cheryl

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Cheryl Phan

• Gail
    Gail

Mom's are good like that.

• Jody Price
    Jody Price

Did you sand inside your house? I sanded inside ONCE. Never Again! I cleaned for weeks. If you have a secret, please tell me....it’s raining and chilly here.