Winter Vase Arrangement

$15

Do you hate letting go of the Christmas decorations? I am in the same boat... I like to keep decorations up as long as I can and why keep spending money on new decorations all of the time? I like to stretch my dollar and my décor.

When I am working on a new project, it is a process. I may have one idea in my mind and it may turn out terribly so I have a lot of things on the table while I work. It is a mess... but a creative one, LOL.

I started with a regular thrift store vase, filled with diamond like pieces in the bottom. As you know, I love sparkle... and it kind of reminds me of snow when the light hits the snow just right.  

Here is an oversized ornament from Hobby Lobby. I use these a lot in my regular décor. Fancy Pants look on a low cost budget.  

I placed the ornament down in the vase and pushed down in the "diamonds". While I thought this was a cute look, I felt like it needed something else. 

I started looking around at my loot on the table and decided to use the cedar pieces I spoke of earlier from Target (they must be sold out now, $5.00 for a bunch).  

I started placing the cedar branches into the "diamonds" and lining the back of the vase.  

I did not care for the ornament facing forward, so I turned it to the side and kept the cedar along the back of the vase.  

What do you think? It is different than other arrangements I have put together and I am loving the "sparkling snow" surrounding the ornament. We will see how long this one sticks around before I pull it a part and see what else I can come up with.  I already had everything on hand so this was another free to me project. Those are my favorite!

• Cedar branch bunch  (Target)
  • Oversized ornament  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Vase  (Thrift store)

30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Vintage Style Gal