Upcycled Bottle

$10

I love old bottles! I have a collection of them in my kitchen window. And, I find it hard to throw away new ones. The new ones may not be beautiful or unique like my vintage ones, but they can be! So, I like to give them a makeover.

When I finished this bottle of vinegar, I ran it through the dishwasher, then painted it with one coat of the color Vintage Duck Egg from the  Dixie Belle Paint Company.

Once the paint was dry, I added a piece of  WoodUBend trim around the top of the bottle using E6000 glue to adhere it. WoodUBend is flexible once you apply heat to it, so it can be wrapped around any surface. You can use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat it up.

I also added a WoodUBend flower to the center of the bottle. I painted over the bottle and the WoodUBend with another coat of Vintage Duck Egg.

Once the paint was dry, I covered the WoodUBend with Dixie Belle glaze in the color, Van Dyke Brown. I put the glaze on heavy with a paintbrush, then wiped it back with a damp rag, letting it rest in the grooves.

When the glaze was dry, I rubbed on Dixie Belle Gilding Wax in the color Hammered Copper, to the raised areas of the molding and on some areas of the bottle .

This bottle may not be old like the ones in my collection, but I think it's just as beautiful!

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Virginia B

• LuAnn Sippel Bennett
    LuAnn Sippel Bennett

I tried to follow the link to the woodubend....but it didnt go thru??

• Trish F
      Trish F

Ellen, yes that is option, but when but when a link is provided it should go to the site it is supposed to go to.

As an author of an article I would appreciate the notification that the info I provided isn't working so I could correct it.

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan
    GeorgiaBulldogsFan

You are a girl after my own heart. I love bottles AND unusual shaped jars too! Lol. BTW, great job! Looks beautiful. I’m intrigued by the WoodUBend product. Where is that available?