Organized Spice Drawer

$7

I love starting off the new year with a few good home organization projects. I have been spending a lot more time in my kitchen lately and the one area I was struggling with was how to best organize all of the spices. All of the mismatched bags and jars were in a basket that lived on the top shelf of a cupboard. It was always such a pain everytime I had to shuffle through the basket to find what I needed, and it was often a messy process trying to scoop out the spices from the little jars. I have seen beautiful spice drawers in high end custom kitchens which I love, however I knew that I could come up with something similar for a fraction of the cost! I have a very small drawer right beside my oven that was holding a single pair of oven mitts. I knew I could better utilize this space and figured that it would make the perfect spice drawer. I love how it turned out and most importantly how convenient and practical it is.

This is what I started with. Not horrible, but not great either. My plan was to find coordinating jars that I could fill up with spices and store in a drawer. Before I started my search for the perfect jars I measured out the space in my drawer to make sure the jars I was purchasing would fit.

I lucked out and found THE perfect little glass jars at the dollar store. They came in a pack of three so they were extremely cost effective, and they happened to fit perfectly 6 rows of 3 jars each. Before I filled them up I washed them and made sure they were 100% dry.

Next you want to label your spice jars. I stuck the labels on the lid so I could easily read them when I opened the drawer. I loved that these labels were round and clear. It was important to me for the jars to have clear lids so that I could easily see when they needed to be refilled.

Once you have all of the jars labeled it is time to fill them with your favorite spices. I like to do this over a plate to catch any spills that may happen.

Although the jars fit very well in this drawer, I decided to add some drawer liner to avoid anything sliding around. This worked out great and really prevents any of the glass jars from moving around.

Finally you can fill up the drawer with all of those pretty little jars.

I absolutely love how this little project turned out! It doesn’t take much to make a space look great and be functional at the same time. Even though this is hidden in a drawer 99% of the time it’s so pleasing everytime I open it and look inside.

A beautiful custom spice drawer that cost next to nothing!

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen

• Tracey
    Tracey

Did they come with the lids?

• Durcy
    Durcy

Where did you bought the labels?

• Neva Dew
      Neva Dew

Easy enough to print at home - and customize to your spice collection. Use stick on labels forms, or plain paper and glue/decoupage.

• Lois Childs
    Lois Childs

Love them. How many ounces does each bottle hold.? Thanxxxx

• Wren’s Little Nest
      Wren’s Little Nest

Im not sure sorry as the package didn’t say how much. They hold almost a full packet of spices if that helps.

• Julia
    Julia

You can save time even with the lables printed on top if you will place them in alphabetical order. I did mine on a turn table and it is so much quicker to locate what you are searching for.

• Carole White
    Carole White

What a great idea!!! If I can just clear the mess out of one of my kitchen drawers, I'll definitely do this ; thanks for sharing