How to remove packing tape residue from my new water cooler?

+10

I would prefer to use household ingredients that are safe for the plastic door that covers the cupboard that houses the bottom-loaded water bottle

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jan 11, 2021

I use rubbing alcohol and vegetable oil to remove tape residue. Rubbing alcohol first. If that doesn't get it, the oil will remove it but then you have to clean the oil off.

• Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Jan 11, 2021

Hi Lynn, here are some posts on how to remove sticky residue. Hopefully one will have a way that works for your doors... https://www.hometalk.com/search/all?filter=remove%20sticky%20residue

• I'd try Goo Gone spray or a wash cloth with hot water on it that will help melt it and remove it with some scrubbing.

• Janice Janice on Jan 11, 2021

Most any vegetable oil will work well to dissolve the sticky stuff, then use a soft soapy cloth to remove the oil and sticky stuff will usually come with it.

• I've had success with peanut butter.

• Lynn Kirouac Lynn Kirouac on Jan 11, 2021

Thanks for your suggestions. I used some olive oil on a microfiber cloth and it worked great!

• Deb K Deb K on Jan 11, 2021

Hi Lynn, hope this helps you out, A few drops of a household oil like olive, lemon, or mineral oil onto a terry cloth or similar rag, and rub off the adhesive. Wait for a few minutes and then use a dry rag to wipe the area. If there is still a bit of adhesive residue, repeat the process.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jan 11, 2021

Hello vegetable oil or Pam type spray might be tried for a natural type household solution. My favorite adhesive remover is lighter fluid the dispenser tip allows for very little overuse or waste.

• Betsy Betsy on Jan 11, 2021

Hi Lynn: WD40 is really good for this. Spray it on, let it sit for a little bit and then wipe it off. One thing that some people do is to spray the product (whatever they're using) and wipe it right off and complain that it doesn't do anything. You have to give the product a chance to work. You can also spray a paper towel and hold it on the residue so that it doesn't drip down your water cooler. Hold it there for about 30 seconds and then scrub it with your paper towel. You may have to do it a couple of times, but it does work.

Good luck

• Em Em on Jan 11, 2021

Vegetable oil and baking soda. Take any sticky residue off of anything. I keep a tiny jar mixed under my sink. Wash with dish soap to remove the oil after you have used your fingernail or an old toothbrush to remove the tape residue. Finger nail works best.

• I use either olive oil or peanut butter.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jan 13, 2021

lemon essential oil will remove it as well and it is safe

• Margie Ellison Margie Ellison on Mar 13, 2021

Orange oil will also help dissolve adhesives.