Complete Bedroom Transformation

$1000

My good friend was needing some help updating her master bedroom, and when she called me I was beyond excited to update this giant room!

She wanted a modern tropical room, with touches of soft pink.

Today I am going to for you how I took this room...

And transformed it into this room 🤩

First up I used 1/8 inch thick hardboard to cover the thick orange peel texture on the walls, they didn’t have any white in the door so I used the dark brown.

I am only going 3/4 up p the wall because I am going to wallpaper the top.

Next I measured the wall and determined how many boards I wanted to use on the wall.

Starting with the top I did a smaller section to give a fun design.

Using liquid nail first, then attached with a nail gun.

For the wood filler, this is what I used.

I simply used my fingers to press it into the nail holes and gaps.

Once it was finished I used caulking to go along the top and edges to give it a seamless look.

Now time to let dry....

Once everything dried, I used 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of this gorgeous green paint, I rolled with a foam roller, and cut in with a brush.

Again waiting for dry time 😂

Isn’t it so fabulous!!!

I will share my wallpaper steps another day, and if you would like to see more in depth steps feel free to check out my Instagram page highlights under Kara’s bedroom.

https://www.instagram.com/briannanbrown/

Even her pup loved it and didn’t want to leave 😆

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized

• Jacquienina
    Jacquienina

I have the same texture on my walls and ceilings in my house. I've been here only 18 months, and long to fix it. I love what you did with the walls. Do you have any thoughts for ceilings?

• Brianna
      Brianna

If I had orange peel texture on my ceiling, I would either hire a professional to do updated texture, or you can stand it down, but you will want to make sure it doesn’t have any asbestos in it