DIY Frosted Branches

$6

After Christmas was stored away, it was time to decorate my home for winter. I made DIY frosted branches to use for winter decor and I love how these branches look in my home. This is a simple project that is easy to make and it can be saved to use from year to year. It gets bonus points because it is super inexpensive to make!

The branches look so pretty arranged in a vintage ice bucket along with hemlock pinecones. The frosted appearance of the branches comes from a quick coat of white spray paint and Epsom salt sprinkled onto the branches after they were coated in glitter Mod Podge.

To make these, start by clipping some branches. I clipped mine from my yard. If you don't have a yard, search your neighborhood, a local park, or a local trail system for a place that you could clip branches to use.

Next, spray paint the branches white. I used spray paint that was in my craft stash and it happened to be flat white. Any white spray paint will work, it doesn't matter the finish. If you have gloss or satin finish paint, give it a try. If you don't have spray paint, you could paint the branches by hand with any white paint.

To make the branches look frosted, you'll need Epsom salt and glitter Mod Podge. I worked over an old cookie tray covered in waxed paper. This makes clean-up very easy!

Paint glittered Mod Podge (regular Mod Podge is also fine to use as is any craft glue) on the branch.

Then sprinkle Epsom salt over the Mod Podge. After the branches dry, they are ready to be used for decorating.

I created an arrangement using the frosted branches and I love how it looks in my living room. Head to my blog post for tips for making an arrangement like this and to see more details on the tutorial to make them. Click here to see more winter craft ideas!

• Branches  (My yard)
  • Glitter Mod Podge  (Michael's)
  • Epsom Salt  (Kroger)

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Paula Skulina

• Lynne
    Lynne

really pretty!! it just so happen a large branch fell off of one of my trees, and i am going to do this. thanks.

• Cindy Timms
    Cindy Timms

What a great idea, very creative ! I'm going to make some and I think I'm going to try adding some of those batteries operated twinkle lights & see how they look. Thank you for sharing :-)