Dollar Store Storage for Craft Paint

$6

I have had a hard time figuring out how to store my craft paints. All the storage options are so expensive or didn’t work well. I tried stacking them on their sides in a box with their bottoms facing out but every time I took one out, the rest would fall. I needed an idea that didn’t cost a lot of money and would allow each paint to have its own place. I was in the dollar store the other day and found these mini cordial glasses and it gave me an idea!

Here are the supplies I purchased:

•4- six packs of mini cordial glasses

•a plastic storage container- this one is about 3X9 inches

•one bag of thick rubber bands

In case you were wondering, I attempted to first make this with hot glue but the plastic doesn’t bond to the plastic. I also tried gorilla glue but the plastic container is bendy and the elastics pulled it all tight together, keeping the storage unit sturdy. The elastics were an easy alternative and barely show once the paint is put in the cups.

The first thing I did was place two of the glasses into the end of the storage container. I then added a rubber band to hold them in place.

I continued to stack the glasses, following with a rubber band, until the container was full.

I then stretched a rubber band around the long way of the container and slid it between the glasses.

I then placed a second rubber band long ways to make sure the glasses were secure.

I also doubled up on the rubber bands on the short way between each set of glasses.

Doubling up on elastics made it so that the glasses didn’t fall out, even when I turned it upside down.

This picture shows the storage upright to show how I intend to use it.

Here is a picture of the storage unit on my craft shelf. I love how easily I can remove the paints for use and how sturdy it actually turned out. All for only a few dollars!

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Memorial Day Crafts

• Monique
    Monique

Gotcha.....did you try E6000 glue? Plastic is definitely difficult to stay glued. You found a solution, which is what matters!!

• Robyn Garner
    Robyn Garner
    13 hours ago

Cheap + Easy = Brilliant!

• Sandra
    Sandra
    12 hours ago

Not enough hanging space, most walls r lined with bookcases full of craft bins. I did get closet organizers with 6 pockets each hope those will take most of the yarn I hope. Or maybe an empty dresser drawer