DIY Desk Organizer

$15

This DIY monitor riser desk organizer is an easy beginner woodworking project you can make with a few simple tools!

The entire project is made from one single board 1x12 board. I started by making the cuts, which you can find in the free printable plans over on the full blog post.

I also added finish before I assembled, since I figured it was easier to apply the finish to flat pieces.

Then I assembled the organizer, starting by attaching the dividers to their corresponding board. The dividers on the top shelf attached to the middle board; the dividers on the bottom shelf attached to the bottom board.

All these dividers were attached with wood screws driven from the other side of the wood board.

Then I assembled the piece, working from the top down. Three pocket hole screws on each main board is what held the structure together.

Assembling from the top-down meant it was easy to access the pocket hole screws, which were on the bottom of each board.

Once I'd added all three boards, the main part of the frame was done. Then I went to work on the two optional drawers on either side.

These were simply a few pieces of scrap wood glued together to form a drawer shape. I drilled a hole in one of the end pieces so that the drawer could be pulled open with a finger.

The drawers really just took a few minutes to throw together!

Then the organizer was done! If you think you might make your own, be sure to grab the free printable plans!

• 1x12  (Home Depot)
  • Wood Glue
  • Pocket Hole Screws

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Lindsay Fay