Betty

+16

Ideas on arranging spices on NO pullout cupboard shelf’s, when the one you need is in the back roll😩? You get it? maybe trays or baskets. Anyone ever tried putting Spices on the corner round turntable shelf. ( I find missing items when cleaning that space).

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 15, 2021

Hello Betty,

Had you thought of adding them to the side of Cabinets or inside of the doors?

• You can buy the cheap turn style holders.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 15, 2021

A big frustration with spice storage is the various sizes and shapes of spice containers falling over and not fitting on top of each other.

This problem can be easily solved with the Tupperware spice carousel. These can be purchased new, or used, on sites such as eBay.

• I put mine in small plastic baskets from the dollar store and have them organized by how I use them. For example, baking spices are all in one basket.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jan 15, 2021

Mine are in a tray on a shelf in the original containers, the lids are labeled (in shorthand of a sort-Rosemary is Rsmry) and dated, short ones in front and taller is in back. Also they are separated as to type. The baking spices are together, the meat rub spices hang out together...and so on.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Jan 15, 2021

In the past I had my spices in little containers with magnets on the back. Then I arranged them alphabetically on the fridge. Easy peasy!

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jan 15, 2021

Dollar tree baskets that are narrow and deep, similar to cutlery strays, so that you can pull out easily. Group similar items together or arrange alphabetically (my choice). Turntable shelves take up quite a bit of lost space so you might want to forego that option is shelf space is a premium.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Jan 15, 2021

I keep mine in small plastic tubs that I can pull out and put on the counter. One is for baking seasonings and one for cooking.

• Mogie Mogie on Jan 15, 2021

Being cheap but still liking organization we used 2 x 4's to add graduated levels (sitting on their side. The second area is only 1 high and the first none at all.

That gives you a 2 inch height increase as go you towards the back of the cupboard and raises each bottle.

Of course each piece of wood was sanded and painted a nice crisp white to make the area as light as possible.

• Dee Dee on Jan 15, 2021

I absolutely hate turntables, they take u p too much room and never enough space. I bought wire baskets that hang on the inside of my pantry door. The are double tiered, So I bought 3 which equals 6 shelves. I had to make sure they were not installed exactly opposite a shelf on my pantry as then the door would not close. I love them. Easy to install, I use the jars or tins that the spices come in. No sense spending money on Jars.

• My kitchen is very limited. I use lazy susans in a cabinet. Best i can do. Since i am the only one that cooks, its not a problem spinning and falling off.

• Betsy Betsy on Jan 15, 2021

Hi Betty: I had that problem. What I have is a tall skinny cabinet for these. What I did was to build a rail out of thin (1/4 inch thick) narrow (about 3" wide) pieces of wood and attached them to my cabinet sides, just like little shelving, going along 2 sides and the back. I put some spices on the rails and have room on the bottom for the spices I use most, and I can still see the rest of the things. It really cleared up some space, and just why do I have to have 4 bottles of garlic salt? Because I couldn't find it and bought more :( Now I have a list hanging on the inside of the door with what I have, what shelf it's and on and where it is on that shelf . It's covered with clear plastic, and when the spice is about 3/4 gone, I make a mark next to that spice so I can buy more. Then, I remove that mark when I replace that spice. I have 3 regular shelves, and put these little shelves on 2 of them. The upper shelf is for the crud I don't use often, or ever :) Anyway, that's what I did and it works for me :)

• Maura White Maura White on Jan 16, 2021

How about a 3 tier rack so you can see the ones in the back - like this one here: https://amzn.to/3nXq7H3

• This is how I organized my spices and it works well for me: https://www.curlycraftymom.com/2013/03/organizing-your-spices.html

• Annie Annie on Jan 16, 2021

Those little tippy spice jars can be hard to organize. A small turn table that will fit in cupboard works well

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Jan 17, 2021

Yes my mom always used 2 turntable lazy susans and alphabetized her spices

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Jan 17, 2021

Dollar store has wire 3 tier racks and baskets that screw into the backside of the cabinet door itself. For $3 give them a try.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 18, 2021

I've used those narrow trays from the Dollar Tree. Then I got a wooden criss cross holder that I put on the side of the cupboard and one inside the cupboard. https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=criss+cross+spice+rack+diy&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8