The Tip for a Laundry Room Flip

$60

My laundry room is located in my guest bathroom. It’s small, outdated and not well designed. The storage was an issue also. The fact that it’s two in one, a bathroom/ laundry room, that required lots of storage and organization so everything i need will fit in it. Remodeling a bathroom is very complicated though. You have to remove everything to buy and install new shower, sink... its time and budget consuming. Also, I don’t want to have a mess inside the house and a not operational bathroom and laundry room for a while.

My tips is, UPCYCLING the laundry room with the existing cabinets to redesign the space differently and efficiently.

how i did it?

1. when I bought this house it had a different style washer dryer From each other, so i sold them on facebook marketplace.
  2. I had already a stackable washer dryer, that I brought with me from the previous house.
  3. I Relocated the old cabinets
  4. I add a countertop.

note: you don’t have to buy a new stackable washer dryer, lots of solution exist for a regular washer dryer. For example:

. For front loading washer dryer but they can’t be stackable you can build a frame with a shelf and place the washer down and the dryer up.

. for up loading washer dryer, put a shelf over them and leave enough space to open them.

Before

this laundry room is located in the guest bathroom. It Looks outdated, taking lots of space with no much storage.

the washer dryer were in good conditions so i sold them in a good price and bought new stackable ones.

The new washer dryer.

I removed the three cabinets and relocated two of them up in the left side and the third one down on the floor.

I Stacked the washer dryer, and relocated them in the right side. (Stacking the machines needs an additional screws that you have to buy separately).

I had to Make a frame for the third cabinet that it goes on the floor to elevate it and prevent it from water and moist if there is any!!

i used palette boards that I had already.

i panted the cabinets with a semi gloss white special cabinets paint from lowes store.

I used a brass modern look hardware and sprayed the old cabinets hinge in gold. The cabinets door pulls were placed in the center of the doors. i found that very odd, that’s way i relocated them in the bottom of the doors.

I ordered online this mirror effect strips, they are peel and stick mirrors but i added some more glue and placed them over the door to fill in between the molds.

I added a thin mold to the cabinets doors to Add more 3D effect to the mirrors.

I liked to have a small countertop where I can put the laundry or shower products, also, to fold clothes when done laundry... this is a pvc board, I thought that’s is better against the moist in a laundry room/ bathroom.

Backsplash diy

With a wood panel that I had already, I tried to design a backsplash using mosaic mirrors and metallic paint. I glued the mirrors with all purpose glue, but then I found that construction adhesive works better.

I tried many options for the window, like, curtains, blinds, privacy glass but then, I found that the best option was the zebra blinds. It’s is practical, perfect for light and privacy and also very elegant and modern look.

After

This is the how my laundry/ bathroom looks. I added a laundry basket in the other side of the bottom cabinet that I will add small wheels for easy pull in and out.

Now I have much more storage, a countertop, a laundry basket and a much cleaner look.

15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes

• Debby
    Debby

Thank you! I feel so inspired by your hard work. What a difference! I have the same kind of cabinets in my utility room. It's depressing going in there to do laundry. Now I know what my cabinets will look like when I paint them. I can't wait! And handles for the cabinets?? 🤯. My cabinets have no handles. Time to plan for my weekend project! Thanks again for posting 🤗.

• Hinda
      Hinda

I’m so so glad that you liked it and you’ve got inspired. Indeed the plain wood look is depressing 😞 mine had the handle in the middle so odd 😋

• Jana Miner Westcamp
    Jana Miner Westcamp

How did you fill in the holes where the old cabinet pulls were? I have those center pulls too and would like to replace them.

• Heather
      Heather

You can use a quick wood filler sand it down once it’s dry and then paint over it

• Heather
    Heather

Where did you purchase the peel and stick mirror accent?

• Jani
    Jani

This the area i was doin had it planned out seen so now im rethinkin it. What was the width of ur wall? If u dont mind me askin

• Cheryl Goodwin Milinkevich
    Cheryl Goodwin Milinkevich

Really nice work. I’m sure doing laundry will be much nicer for you. Wish my husband was that handy. Nicely organized I like it.

• Hinda
      Hinda

Thank you so much unfortunately yes you we need the help of out husbands 😉