DIY Large Wall Art

$30

Wall art can be so expensive, especially large wall art. I love making DIY wall art because it leads to such unique pieces! This one I made this out of a tapestry, but you can really use any fabric. A sheet, shower curtain, or whatever else you have!

What you’ll need:

1x2s

A tapestry

Brad nails

Liquid nails

Heavy duty stapler

Step 1: Build support

Create your support structure with 1x2s. I attached mine with brad nails and liquid nails. For extra support, I cut 1x2s at 45° angles and reinforced the corners.

Step 2: Attach fabric

First, I ironed my tapestry. Once the support structure dried, I wrapped the tapestry around the frame. I secured it using a heavy duty stapler, wrapping the corners like a present. Be sure to pull it tight as you staple. Once it’s attached, you can cut off excess fabric.

Step 3: Display!

You can add a sawtooth hanger to the back, or display however you choose! If you’d like, you can also add 1x2s around the outside for a “framed canvas” look.

Overall, this was such a very simple and inexpensive way to make some large wall art!

Update: I added a 1x2 frame around mine and I think it’s looks much more finished and professional!!

• 1x2s  (Tapestry)
  • Stapler

31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House

• Mary McDonald
    Mary McDonald

First, very nice. Second, is it in 2 sections or just a fold mark?

• Montross Made
      Montross Made

Thank you!! Just one section,- not a fold mark either. Just part of the print. :)

• Janice
    Janice

The piece is beautiful, however, I am wondering too, if the white across the piece is intnetional or a fold or something else?

1 comment