He has started sanding the drawers on some areas as you can see on the pictures..some of the hardware was also missing.
Just a Bit of Razzle Dazzle on an Old Dresser
My client had this Johnson Carper dresser he wanted to use for his daughter's room. Something she can use now and later on as she grows older. They wanted to use gray, white and pink. So I got to work.
I wanted to provide some mock ups so they can decide what the dresser should look like. They picked I find even if I don't have to provide a sketch it is useful for my own purposes, so I can eliminate the ones that don't look so good.
Once I sanded down all the drawers with an orbital sander sandpaper grit 120,220,220. I used minwax stain.
As you can see I taped down some parts of the dresser. Beyond that tape I was painting it gray and above it white...
Here you can see it on the side. I applied furniture and cabinet paint from lowes on the top as well as the sides.
I used a polycrilyc clear coat on the drawers.
I added new hardware as some of the original was missing. If you like this transformation and would like to follow it in real time, follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai