Budget Laundry Room Makeover

$325

We had been in our home for 17 years, and our laundry room had become such a junk pit! We had ripped out baseboards and missing sheetrock due to water damage, and there was so much junk in it that it was not functioning well at al!

Everything was cleared out of it. We had a handyman come in and repair the baseboards and sheetrock damage. I gave it a fresh coat of paint with White Heron by Sherwin Williams.

Once the walls had a fresh coat of paint, it made the existing vinyl flooring look very yellow. It was peeling up anyway, and needed to be replaced, so I found this affordable peel and stick option. I purchased it at Joann Fabrics, and used a coupon for each box so that it was even more affordable!

The wall above the washer and dryer was looking bare, and I wanted to add some kind of wall-treatment without spending any money. I used a 98 cent roll of electrical tape to make these cute crosses. Here are the complete instructions to do this easy wall treatment.

We installed another shelf under the existing one for more storage, and to cover the unsightly plugs. We purchased it from Home Depot, and my husband cut a piece of scrap wood to make cleats to mount it on.

I wanted one more shelf on the opposite wall, and a place to hang clothes. We used a shelf and brackets that we already had, and also this laundry sign hanger that we already had.

Then came the fun part-accessorizing! I already had the wire baskets, I just spray painted them black. I also had the laundry sign, and shopped around my house for some other accessories that would work. The rolling cart was ordered from Amazon, and the remaining accessories were bought on clearance.

You can see the full process, products, and reveal here. The total cost of the makeover was under $325.

Cost Breakdown:

Paint and supplies-$99.38 I used several coupons from Ace Hardware for the spray paint and other supplies, and a 30% coupon at Sherwin Williams for the paint.

Flooring-$62.71 I used a 40% or 50% off coupon at Joann for each box of tile. 5 boxes of tile were used.

Accessories-$162.91 Most of the accessories were on clearance, or bought with a coupon. The items from Amazon were actually free because I had a credit, but I included them in the cost.

Total cost for this laundry room makeover-$325 I hope you enjoyed this laundry room makeover! If you have any questions, comment below!

You can follow me on Instagram @faithandfarmhouseblog, Facebook at Faith and Farmhouse, and online www.faithandfarmhouse.com

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Danielle

• Pam
    Pam

It looks great but where did you store all of the junk?

• Danielle
      Danielle

I got rid of it, or put it where it really belonged!

• Shannon Patterson-McMains
    Shannon Patterson-McMains

When you lay down the stick on tiles for the flooring, do you grout between them to keep out water if there’s a washer leak?

• Bj Moore
      Bj Moore

Shannon, I actually just put down peel n stick tiles in my bathroom that can be used with grout as well. They turned out beautiful. I also applied an adhesive before putting the tiles down.

• Connie Strickland Stanfield
    Connie Strickland Stanfield

Why fake plants to take up space in a laundry room?

• Kelly J. Tinney
    Kelly J. Tinney

Your “before” looks way better than my laundry room. And I LOVE the giant clothespin! So cute. I have to find one.

• Danielle Keller
      Danielle Keller

We are in good company, then! It really wasn't that hard to get it whipped into shape-you can do it too! The clothespin came from Hobby Lobby and I think they might still carry it.

• Jen7888115
    Jen7888115

Wow that looks great!

• Danielle Keller
      Danielle Keller

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! It's so nice to have an organized, pretty space!