Another Art Deco Bar Saved From the Landfill

$150
Advanced

If you follow me here you might already know that I work on a lot of English Art deco bars . This one has probably been in the worst condition I have ever purchased... but you know when you see a piece on Facebook market place and drive an hour to get it... you get it!

Before

The veneer on this piece had serious water damage. Some of it was peeled off already, so I went ahead and helped it a bit more

Sometimes the damage dictates the design... so I went ahead and took off the rest of the veneer from the top as that was going to be painted now. Once it was off I sanded it with my orbital sander sand grit 120/220. the doors cleaned up very nice and a beautiful Oak grain emerged from under the old varnish.

stencil

I decided to use an art deco stencil on the front door of the bar (purchased on amazon) This time I used gold! For the rest of the cabinet I used a black paint color that actually turned out kind of charcoal-ish that pulled a lot of blue. oh well I ended up loving the color, so I stuck with it. I got the paint at Lowes and it is a furniture and cabinet paint that has been working very well with my projects.

On the inside I used a stick on wallpaper that gave it a sharp more modern look in my opinion. I got it from Amazon

I applied a polyurethane clear coat on the wood surfaces. Once everything was dry I put everything back together and it was time for photos.

If you like this transformation and like to see more in real time, follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHs_HFFgwz2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Electric sander  (home depot)
  • Sand paper  (amazon)
  • Stencil  (amazon)

3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home

• Kim Zacharias
    Kim Zacharias

This is stunning! Wherever do you find English bars? I love the look, but have never seen anything like it! 💕

• Julie
    Julie

Is it simply a scraper and elbow grease that you removed the veneer with? thank you!