DIY Charcuterie Boards - Two Tiers

$15

Whether you have an intimate gathering of two or a wedding with 200 people, a charcuterie board is a fun way to serve up snacks or a meal. To make my wooden board, I picked up two of these wooden rounds at Home Depot. One is 1.5 x 18″ x 18″ and the other is 1.5 x 24″ x 24″, to make it a little more interesting and give me more options when it comes to using them. They are only $5 and $10.
Steps…
  1.  Sand both the boards down with a light grit sandpaper like 330 to remove any loose pieces. Wipe down well to remove all of the debris.
  2. I wanted to make the wood darker but stain was out because as I mentioned above, it needs to be food safe. I chose to use coffee to stain the wood.

It’s super easy and you don’t even need that much coffee. Make a small batch of strong coffee, let it cool, dip a clean cotton rag in it and wipe it on. Let it soak in a bit and then wipe off.3. Let the board dry thoroughly.
I also wanted to raise the boards off of the table a bit so I added “feet”. I wanted the smaller board to be higher so I used these craft finials I found at Lowes. You can find something similar on  here on Amazon.
We simply drilled holes in the board and screwed them in. I also stained them with the coffee. Super easy and cute!
For the large board, I used these cute little  wooden drawer pulls. I’ve used them before on small cutting boards. They are super cheap and are the perfect height. 
This was a bit more work because we needed two way screws. We added the screw to the pull, drilled a hole in the board and screwed them in.Here they are together... 
These boards are so versatile. You can also use them by themselves and for a centerpiece base on your table. I think I may add handles to them. too, at some point.
For more information and details on this project and more like it, furniture flips, thrift store upcycles and other craft projects, visit the blog at www.mylifeonkayderosscreek.com.

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek

• Melynda
    Melynda

What keeps the wood from soaking in oils or berry stain.

• Pdmkiss
      Pdmkiss

I make cutting boards. If your putting food on wood; you HAVE to seal it!!!

• Barb Supinski Simoncic
    Barb Supinski Simoncic

Great idea, thank you for sharing ❤️ ... I could also use cute little candle holders for “ feet”... I’ve got several, they have them in abundance at thrift stores for pennies. 😃

• Jaye
    Jaye

Love it! Thank you for the idea. I am always looking for something to lift my planters off the floor. I could make some using this idea. In addition, I can stain or paint the rounds any color matching my decor and seal the board to prevent damage. Of course, I would also use a felt pad or plastic pot holder under the pot. Very cute. Thank you for the inspiration 👏🏽