No Sew Shower Curtain Valance #2

$40

I decided to change my shower curtain and valance in my bathroom using the same technique as I used in my first one.

First task is to find 2 matching or coordinating shower curtains. You will need one for the curtain and one for the valance or in my case, I made a valance for my window out of the second one as well. Here is the finished product. Because my shower is in a water closet, it was difficult getting good pics!

After

I started with 2 of these shower curtains I bought online.

Shower Curtain

Also bought these decorative shower curtain hooks for the valance

Shower Curtain Hooks

Then I got my supplies together. Scissors, tape measure, stitch witch and Iron.

Supplies

I went ahead and ironed and hung the first curtain.

First curtain and tension rods

Here you can see how I hung the two tension rods. One over the other with the top one for the valance being a little further out.

Valances for shower and window cut

Here is the second shower curtain cut in three strips. I decided to use the bottom of the second curtain for the shower valance and the middle for the window valance. I cut them about 18” because I wanted the valances to be about 14-15” and I needed a hem. I have the top white as an extra.

Ironed the hem

I iron the hem all the way across first before adding the stitch witch. This helps made sure it’s even before binding the hem.

Adding stitch witch

I put the strips of stitch witch under the fold of the hem and iron until it’s bonded together. It doesn’t take long. I did about two feet at time time moving it down the ironing board a little at a time.

Making holes for hooks

I used the top of the shower curtain as a guide to make the holes for the hooks on the valance. I held it while my husband poked holes through the material with a knife! No pic of that! LOL

Valance Hung on Top Rod

Then I made the window valance the same way but making a pocket at the top for the rod to go through with the stitch witch as well.

Window Valance

Here are some pics. Again hard to take on a small space!

Right Side
Left Side

16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper

• Linda
    Linda

This is beautiful. The window valance really compliments the shower curtain. Great job! May I ask what is a stitch witch? Thank you. 😊

• Linda
      Linda

Thank you Sharon. Can I find this in Michael’s or even Walmart?

• Liz
    Liz

Thanx so much for sharing this no sew beautiful creation. Now I know what to do for the window. All the years of trying to make this work. It was right in front of me.

I love those shower curtains. Where did you get them please?

Thanx AllyCat

• Susan
    Susan

Love this. I’ve made shower curtains from queen size sheets, valances from pillow cases opened up along seam. Sheets have finished hems for the rod and bottom. Also twin sheets make wonderful table cloths. So many gorgeous patterns.

• Debbie
    Debbie

Not a question but compliment. You did a Beautiful Job!!!!

• Donna G
    Donna G

We did this! We love it! Bathroom looks awesome! Now working on new rugs!! Thank you!