Just Like Magic

$100

I have purchased this dresser on my local the Facebook marketplace. The paint was chipping on it but it had a great modern look and was made of solid wood. It was a dresser made by United furniture based on the brand mark inside the drawer.

Before

The hardware must have been changed out when it's got it's makeover. I wanted a different look so I later changed them to brass hardware which I ordered on Amazon.

The top was heavily chipped but seemed that the wood was all intact, so I decided to sand it down!

I sanded it down with 120/220/320 grit.

The top cleaned up nice.

I sanded down the legs and base as well and lightly sanded down the the rest of the dresser to prepare it for paint.

I stained the top, inside drawers and the legs with flagstone stain. For the body I used fusion mineral paint in color goddess Ashwaganda. I really love this paint and is perfect for painting furniture. Doesn't require a top coat or wax but I did top coat everything with water based polyurethane for a durable finish.

If you like this transformation and would like to see more follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers

• Robyn Garner
    Robyn Garner

WoWzers! You couldn't even see the mid-century lines and detailing before! Beautiful

• Trudy
    Trudy

Great find! You did a great job giving it a new life!