Linen Closet Organization

$100

I’ve taken this month to focus on organizing my home and believe me, it’s not the most fun thing for me. I’d much rather be creating something.

But, I know that having an organized space promotes creativity for me so I’ve put myself in time out from fun projects for a bit and I’m buckling down and making it happen.

We only have one linen closet in my small house and it was CRAMMED. Not at all functional.

THE ABSOLUTE SHAME

So this is embarrassing. I promise I’m a clean person. 😂

so let’s get to it, shall we?

I bought some baskets from Target. I’d planned on having all white but I bought all they had and had to grab two black ones as well.

I filled these baskets with what I wanted to keep in the closet and donated a lot of the rest.

The large comforters were moved to under the bed storage containers.

I made some labels for the baskets with my Cricut. This way I won’t have to look through every basket to find what I need!

I also decided to make some wood covers to hide those ugly wire shelves. This was purely to make me happy and make the project more fun for me. 😂

if you’d like to see more about how I made them- check out my blog www.bakerblooms.com

I’ll also be making a separate post here for these later on.

Once I got the shelf covers in- I could arrange the baskets how I wanted them.

ONE MILLION TIMES BETTER!

whew. Glad that’s finished.

Shop this room here:

towels

baskets

cricut

3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes

• Phyllis Lane
    Phyllis Lane

And where did you put that comforter - back on the bed perhaps?

• Meg
      Meg

Also there are 5 beach towels in that basket!

• Sidney Rippy McLaughlin
    Sidney Rippy McLaughlin

You don’t keep sheet sets together??? I always put the sheets and extra pillow cases inside one pillow case. So much easier.

• Deniseinark
      Deniseinark

This may not apply to your situation, but if you needed the sheet shelf for some other items, you could do the same with the kid’s sheets as you have some with yours. Even if they get random pillowcases, a set of clean sheets with the proper number of pillowcases under each bed would give them no excuse to rummage through your beautiful baskets. But the bonus of course would be a whole entire shelf waiting for something else! I suppose this only works when the number of sheet sets in the house is limited. MIL’s linen closet had 45 sets of sheets for only two regularly used beds but she was unwilling to let any of them go “just in case.” I know how many sets there were because I organized her closet and had to match and fold all of them together. I went home and for our house I set aside two sheet sets for each bed (same size beds) and 3 extra sets for use with air mattresses and the fold out. I packed those with the air mattresses. Organizing her closet was traumatic!

• Skip Foy
    Skip Foy

You could hang the comforters on the wall behind your headboards, as if they were tapestries.

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns
      Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

Omigosh--this is brilliant! The wall behind my headboard has absolutely NOTHING on it and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Now I know. Thanks for the idea!

• Yolanda
    Yolanda

you must not have but one comforter and a couple sheets. I have one of each for every season

• Meg
      Meg

I have a lot actually. 😂 the sheets and comforter for my bed are in rolling boxes under the bed. The ones in the closet are for my kids.