Dragonfly tutorial using re-purposed materials

How to make a dragonfly from discarded materials. This particular one is made from an old rusted out sign, chair leg and old keys. I used a plasma cutter to cut out wings from old rusted sign. I then primered and painted chair leg. The next thing you do is lay out the wings and drill holes in the metal wings and leg. You will use two 1 inch wood screws per wing. I wanted to do something different for the eyes so I went with old keys and the antennas come from an wire decor item that used to hang on the wall. The final step is to use a clearcoat spray to seal the metal and leg. These look wonderful on porches, in the garden and even in the house! www.facebook.com/repurposedlifeokla
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, I used a plasma cutter to cut out wings
I used a plasma cutter to cut out wings.
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Wings cutout with plasma cutter
Wings cutout with plasma cutter
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Drill holes through metal wings and chair leg
Drill holes through metal wings and chair leg
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Once you have your holes drilled you will need 1 inch wood screws to attach the wings to the body
Once you have your holes drilled, you will need 1 inch wood screws to attach the wings to the body.
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, You can attach hanger with top screw
You can attach hanger with top screw.
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, keys for eyes
keys for eyes
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Strips of metal attached with a screw and then shaped
Strips of metal attached with a screw and then shaped.
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Last step is to spray clearcoat to seal metal and wood
Last step is to spray clearcoat to seal metal and wood.
dragonfly tutorial, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Here is the finished dragonfly
Here is the finished dragonfly!
Tina @ Repurposed Life

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 9 questions

Comments

3 of 47 comments
Next