Easy Dollar Store DIY Decor: Wood Dowel Vases.

$7

Looking for a fun, inexpensive way to bring a chic boho Scandi style vibe to your home? Try this!

Decor can be, gah, so expensive, amiright?! What if...what if a

quick pop by your neighborhood dollar store could result in some spiffy looks for less?

It’s possible! It’s true!

Here we go: supplies. 

• glass vase
  • 12" long wood dowels
  • wood skewers
  • double stick mounting tape
  • sanding block

Yes, that's it! So like, seven or so bucks and you've got some cool decor! Be sure to swing by the blog for more decor ideas by clicking here!

First, measure your vase. Measure the height then either pull a string around and measure the string or use a fabric tape measure and you've got the circumference.

I laid out the dowels and skewers so I wasn't cutting more than I needed to.

Trim your dowels down to your desired height which can be the height of the vase, it can be shorter than the height so some glass is showing, alternate heights, angled, ya know, get clever. I went with the height of the vase even all the way around for demonstration purposes.

Next up, unfurl the double-stick mounting tape and lightly stick in on the vase, cutting where the ends meet. Peel the tape off and cut it down the long-way middle to make two pieces, just to be thriftier. 

Stick a piece around near the top then the other around near the bottom. Peel the paper/plastic up. Good luck. That's the hardest part of this whole DIY actually.

Stick on the dowels and skewers. Easy, right?! And then just keep on keeping on with the sticking.

You can paint the vase, spray paint it, stain it, leave it bare....use your imagination!

Fun, right?! 

To learn how I made the wild faux flowers, be sure to swing on by the blog post here.

But hold up, check out my very first ever craft video!

Or, if you're short on time, here's the time-lapse version!

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Becky at Flipping the Flip