Asked on Feb 1, 2021

How to make cleaner for cleaning a fiberglass shower??

DeeLindsay AratariDeb K
+14

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello,

I only ever use Sponge and Washing Up liquid on mine! Had different ones over 50+ years. Needs to be non scratch!

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

You can use 50/50 blue Dawn & white vinegar. Heat vinegar in the microwave until hot and put in a spray bottle, add dawn. Gently shake to mix then spray and clean. If build up, let sit 30 minutes then clean.

• Mogie
    Mogie

Heat 1 cup of vinegar in the microwave ( a great time to clean your microwave). Add 1 cup of ORIGINAL blue Dawn dish soap, stirring gently to mix. When cool enough, funnel into a spray bottle. Run the hot water in the shower for a few minutes. Spray with the Dawn mixture liberally. After allowing to set for approx. 20 min, clean with Mr. Clean eraser or a 'scrubby' sponge or green pad or even a toilet brush designated just from cleaning the shower walls.

Betsy

Hi Laura: What I do is to sprinkle baking soda on a sponge, then spray white vinegar on the wall and wipe gently . Use a non-abrasive sponge and be sure to wear rubber gloves to protect your hands.

Check this site for more help:

https://everydayoldhouse.com/5-ways-to-clean-wooden-kitchen-cabinets-from-the-experts/

• Make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Scrub on and rinse off.

• Dee
    Dee

I use this to clean my entire bathroom. You cannot use it on Granite or marable.

Heat up 1 cup of white vinegar, mix in about 1/4 cup of Dawn Premium. Not the dollar store kind, because it is too thin. When mixed, pour into a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake. Spray down the grout and let it sit overnight. In the morning rinse. If you have stubborn stains, spray again. Use this mixture a few times a week. It will keep your grout and tiles clean. Also works wonders in the toilet bowl to keep hard water stains at bay. Oh you only have to heat the vinegar one time when you add the Dawn.

• Here's what I use: Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of Dawn dish soap and vinegar. Spray it on the shower and let it work. This solution is great for hard water stains.

• K. Rupp
    K. Rupp

I use Ann's recipe above and it works great. To get a nice smell, I add 10-12 drops of tea tree oil, drops of peppermint, drops of lemongrass, and drops of rosemary. Adjust to your liking of the smell. That combo is my favorite fresh smell and masks the vinegar nicely.

• Unexpected Elegance
    Unexpected Elegance

There are several methods/recipes detailed here:

https://www.bobvila.com/articles/homemade-shower-cleaner/

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

W#e have a fiberglass tub and surround, to clean it I use a 32 oz water bottle (empty), add 5-6 oz blue dawn dish soap and then fill with white vinegar. Put the cap on and cut a few slits or poke a few holes in it. Mix it up, In the bathroom, spray the mixture all over the fiberglass and let it set 15 or so min. Take a new clean broom (dollar tree) and clean it down with this broom, keep this broom dedicated to cleaning this because you don't want scratches from residuals from other household brooms. Rinse well.Repeat as needed.

• A 50/50 mix of dish soap and vinegar, while stinky, makes a great shower cleaner.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Laura, you do this with ingredients you have a home!

Sprinkle the baking soda over the fiberglass surface of your shower, then spray with the white vinegar, causing a paste to form. Gently scrub the fiberglass tub, floors and walls with this solution using a non-abrasive sponge. Be sure to wear rubber gloves when working with vinegar to protect your hands.

• Lindsay Aratari
    Lindsay Aratari

I use Young Living's Thieves cleaner

• Dee
    Dee

This formula will clean your entire bathroom. Heat up 1 cup of white vinegar, mix in about 1/4 cup of Dawn Premium. Not the dollar store kind, because it is too thin. When mixed, pour into a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake. Spray down the grout and let it sit overnight. In the morning rinse. If you have stubborn stains, spray again. Use this mixture a few times a week. It will keep your grout and tiles clean. Also works wonders in the toilet bowl to keep hard water stains at bay. Oh you only have to heat the vinegar one time when you add the Dawn