Farmhouse Decor DIY Using Dollar Tree Cookie Tin

$6

Today's project I am sharing with you all on hometalk the basic information on how I made this Farmhouse windmill.

Please understand: I made this in my private crafting and DIY group that people do pay to be a member of but I am disclosing supplies and the BASIC steps here and respecting my members!

UPDATED: In response to the comments made on this post, Hometalk is a free information community. HOWEVER, the FULL how to make it in DEPTH is not required in my post.

I am freely sharing as much as I can. But I do not have to give in-depth instructions here. That is not required of me. (if I read the terms correctly)

You are not required to join my group and I do not have to disclose everything.

More details on my group here. Thank you for checking out my DIY home decor post here on hometalk.

Yes! Farmhouse style is still in. I am going to share the basic steps to make this.

You can also make several other things with the Dollar Tree cookie sheets as well like flowers and trees.

I won't share the full in depth details of this project on this post but You do get the supply list and basic steps.

The full tutorial of this project is something only for Creative Haven members as noted above.

How to Make a Windmill using cookie tins from Dollar Tree

For this home decor DIY, most of the supplies you will need for this craft are going to be found in the Dollar Tree Crafters square section, but if you do not have access to a crafters square you can use items found in other stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joanns, and maybe even Walmart or Dollar General! Plus you can substitute where you want as well!

Start with the embroidery hoop:

You will use an embroidery hoop for this Farmhouse Windmill.

You will use just the inside part.

Next: You will need to drill holes in the round wood disc to put the dowels into.

That is how you will attach the cookie tin blades that you will cut out.

THEN: You will cut your blades out of the cookie tins. and make them rusty.

Supply List for the Farmhouse Decor DIY using Dollar Tree Cookie Tin

You will need:

• Dollar Tree cookie tins (i have set aside 4 packs of 2)
  • Dollar Tree Craft dowels
  • round circle wood cut out from Dollar Tree 
  • Brown Paint, white paint, silver paint
  • Waverly antique wax (or compatible wax)
  • Embroidery hoop
  • Half wood beads I get them on Amazon
  • Modpodge
  • Glue Gun
  • Glue Sticks
  • E6000 glue (optional)
  • Brushes
  • Scissors
  • Drill and Drill bits

CUT THE BLADES:

Use the cookie tins to the shape of a windmill blade.

FINALLY:

Assemble the entire windmill with the parts you have set aside.

Glue the dowels in the round disc, and then glue to the back of the embroidery hoop, then glue the blades on.

Use your creative imagination to make this your own!

The content in this post is mine, I own full ownership rights to it. As stated there is a FULL tutorial video with additional step by step instructions and the full paint finish tutorial.

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Amber Strong

Betsy

Pay for instructions for this rusty thing? I’m surprised this advertising is allowed on this site.

• Liz
    Liz

I love this!!! I think I will make one for outdoor decor in my flowers this summer. I hope it will with stand the elements.

• Sewinglady29
    Sewinglady29

Why is advertising allowed on this site? I thought the idea of hometalk.com was to share projects, not sell project directions.

• Hometalk Highlights
      Hometalk Highlights

Firstly, we're so sorry for your disappointment and you are completely right! Hometalk is absolutely not changing our policy of sharing free, doable, instructive DIY projects.

Our platform is about having the information you need to do it yourself, and that means all the information, readily available.

Featuring this post was an oversight and we have already put new systems in place to ensure that this does not happen again. We can promise that we will be better about screening posts in the future.

Thank you for your feedback and, again, our sincerest apologies.

-- Hometalk

• Beth @CreativelyBeth
    Beth @CreativelyBeth

LOVE how this project turned out Amber!

• Sherry
    Sherry

So very clever and you give plenty of info. and pictures for anyone to make one similar. Thank you for this post!