15 Minute Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines

$10

Valentine’s Day is such a fun holiday full of love and candy – two of my favorite things! I LOVE crafting with the kiddos, so this year for Valentine’s Day we have created these quick and easy DIY Felt Fortune Cookies for their friends and classmates – full of funny fortunes and chocolate kisses! I have included a FREE Printable of Fortune Cookie Valentine Sayings, or youu can write out your own. What’s not to love?!?!

To begin the DIY Felt Fortune Cookies, gather all supplies. Trace four-inch diameter circles from Red, Light Pink, Candy Pink, Bright Lilac, Shocking Pink, and Fuchsia Kunin Classic Felt, with MONOTWIN Permanent Marker. I love to use my Fiskar’s Circle Shape Template to make this a quick and easy task. Cut circles out with scissors, making sure to cut inside the traced lines for a clean, finished project. I love these fun shades of Purple, Pink, and Red.

Measure and cut pieces of craft wire slightly shorter than the four-inch diameter of the felt circles, using wire cutters. Cut lengths of matching satin ribbons approximately four inches long. Using a glue gun, affix the wires to the middle of the felt circles. Attach ribbons on top, covering up the wires. TIP: If crafting with younger kids, I recommend using color-coordinated chenille stems instead of wire and ribbon.

Measure and cut strips of white paper 1/2″ wide using a paper trimmer. With fun, bright colors of Tombow Dual Brush Pens, hand-letter punny fortune cookie sayings on the strips of paper. I use the bullet tip of the Dual Brush Pens to make this a quick task. If you prefer, I collected 20 of my favorite  Valentine’s Day Fortune Cookie Sayings in a FREE Printable file available for download on my site.

Place a paper fortune in the center of each Felt Fortune Cookie along the ribbon line. Fold the felt circle in half, using the wire as a guide, so the ribbon is inside the cookie. Next, angle the sides toward each other, bending the wire at its halfway point and forming a fortune-cookie shape, as shown. The wire allows you to open and close these DIY Felt Fortune Cookies over and over again.

Change up the colors of Felt and create Fortune Cookies for any special occasion or holiday. I’m thinking shades of white and cream for a Wedding Reception or maybe red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July. The possibilities are endless!

23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

ADORABLE and so easy! These will be perfect for Valentine's Day and too, for special occasions, like graduation parties! Just use different color felt to align with the holiday or party. This is really a cool and clever treat!!

Thank you so much for sharing!

• Jewels
    Jewels

Love easy crafts...super fun and functional. Have a sixtieth birthday for friend so may do some in black with funny sayings.