Word Search Farmhouse Bathroom Sign Tutorial

$4

I found this free cut file at Craft House and knew I had to make a sign out of it for our hall bath. This cute bathroom word search sign is so cute and it will give my guests something to do when they are in the bathroom.

And who doesn't love a fun word search game every now and then?

Step 1.  Cut the rounded ends off of large craft sticks.

Step 2. Glue craft sticks to the back of the frame in a staggered design.

Step 3. Paint the craft sticks using chalk or acrylic paint. I used chalk paint.

Step 4. Apply vinyl to the back board.

Step 5. I have a trick when I am working with wood and vinyl. I use my iron and a thin piece of fabric. This helps the vinyl melt into the cracks and crevices of the wood giving it more of a painted look. It also helps the vinyl adhere better onto the wood.

Step 6. Attach a dry erase marker and bow.

WATCH THE VIDEO FOR THE FULL TUTORIAL

Items Mentioned in this Video:

Dollar Tree Items Used:

• 11x14 Frame
  • Craft Sticks
  • Ribbon
  • Twine
  • Dry Erase Marker

Other Items Used:

• Ivory Chalk Paint
  • Hot Glue Gun & Sticks

***Most Popular DIY Video Tutorials:

• How to Make Chalk Paint with Baking Soda 
  • Easiest Gnome Tutorial 
  • Wood Beaded Garland 
  • 18 Dollar Tree Christmas Decor DIY's 
  • How to Make Mini Wood Stack Books for a Tiered Tray

Check them out on YouTube at Designs By Gaddis.

Join my community to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers. 

My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.

Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Dawn @ Designs By Gaddis

• Teresa Kessler
    Teresa Kessler

Vinyl what is that and where do you get? I do not see that step. Thank you

• Dawn @ Designs By Gaddis
      Dawn @ Designs By Gaddis

Sorry, I just saw the questions on this post. I use Oracle 651 vinyl and I usually get it from Amazon or directly from Oracle. When you use the iron, be sure you are using some type of fabric on top and you are not letting the vinyl get too hot.

I have done this not paying attention and actually melted the vinyl and it stuck to the fabric.