Kitchen/Sewing Room Table and Chairs

5 materials
$40.

This old table and chairs will be used in my sewing room in our farm house. I recently updated my cedar chest and sewing table to go with this table.

I applied car wax to the chairs and table legs. I applied water based poly to the table top.

Finished table and chairs except for a few more coats of poly on the tabletop. The sun is shining through the trees through the window and makes the white marks.

Several of the chairs were in bad shape. I used wood glue and string.

The backs and legs of the chairs was where our cat George used to sharpen his claws. George lived to be 15 years old. I sanded every chair that had rough wood before I painted.

First coat of milk paint on chairs.

Mr. helped me carry the table outside so I could sand the top. I sanded the lip around the table top smooth.

The rubber back of the cushions are great! The cushions do not slide off!

I added the grain sack look to the table top using blue painters tape and milk paint.

Questions on this post

2  questions

Comments

14 of 22 comments
Next