Diy Reusable Duster Cloths

$5

When I first began switching out my cleaning products for more eco-friendly choices, I ran across reusable duster cloths on Etsy and immediately bought one for my Swiffer wand. I use it constantly for dusting, especially on my baseboards. Recently, however, I decided to make some myself, and I was surprised at how easy they are to sew. It only took me a few minutes to make several, and it’s great to have a stockpile, as they get tossed in the washing machine after heavy use.

(Affiliate links included for your convenience. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See disclosure here.)

supplies needed:

step 1 – preparation

Cut a template from paper, as shown below, that measure 5 1/2″ across the base and 7″ in height. Using this pattern, cut 4 pieces of cloth.

step 2 – back pieces

Stitch 2 pieces together with a center seam, then set aside.

step 3 – front pieces

With the 2 remaining pieces, stitch together with a center seam. Then stitch a rectangle, as shown below, leaving the bottom open. 

step 4 – stitch front to back

Place the 2 front pieces on top of the 2 back pieces and attach by stitching over the center seam.

step 5 – cut fringe

Finally, cut fringe along the outside of the front 2 pieces and the back 2 pieces, as shown below.

Now insert a Swiffer wand into the center pockets, start using your reusable duster cloths, and start feeling good about treating the planet with kindness!

The biggest compliment is a little share – pin the photo below!

Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Wendy at myfrenchtwist.com