What a Mess....

$150
Advanced

I found this piece from my local Facebook marketplace. I say local but I did drive about 50 min to get there. Based on the photos posted online I thought that the dresser was in rough shape but still a solid piece and can be cleaned up. I saw the amazing details of the brass legs and details on the door, so

I went ahead and made a the drive. Once I got there I realized that this dresser was stored in a barn and the damage on top may not be too far gone.

Before

Well here we go... this thig was filthy both on the inside and outside... so step one was to remove all the drawers and and clean it from top to bottom.

First drawer... rodent poop? cockroach poop? both?

second drawer... wasps nest! that's a first!

the top had this residue that I could not identify, so instead of sanding it I went in and applied citristrip to loosen it up. Once I scraped that off I started sanding the whole thing. I sanded with an electrical sander with 120/220/320 grit. After that unfortunately it was clear that the top could not be exposed without completely redoing the veneer. since it is a flip dresser that was not in the budget. Once it was all sanded I used a stain called flagstone and applied it on the wood details on the drawers as well as the legs and inside drawers. As for the body I applied fusion mineral paint in color goddess Ashwaganda.

I polished that brass details and it was ready for pictures.

if you liked this transformation follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai for real time updates and tips and tricks.

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

OMG, this pathetic looking piece of furniture now looks AWESOME. It goes to show what a bit of time, patience and a vision can do to bring a piece of furniture back to life. This is one piece that should be show-cased in a home decorating magazine. A beautiful job.

• Blanca
    Blanca

Yes I would. Done the same with other furniture.thank you for showing your projects.