Aged Clay Pots Using Dollar Store Spackle

$3

I bought an aged looking pot at a store for about eight dollars. More than I wanted to spend but I loved the look of it. When I got home I thought I need to figure out a way to make some of my own. I wanted to enjoy more than one.

This is where the experiments started. I'll spare you all the different ways and just share the one that worked.

I started with just dollar store spackle. I was hesitant it would work but to my surprise it did! I just smeared it on with my gloves hand. I just did one coat. Work with it until you like it.

And then I smoothed it out with a rubber spatula, not one I use for cooking. This helped create the little dents in it that my bought one had.

After it had dried I sanded it down going different ways with my sanding block. And then painted it with cream colored acrylic paint.

Then I wanted some off the clay to show through so I took a fork around the edge and that worked perfectly. After that I did dab with a paper towel some sage green paint here and there and then wiped it down.

They look so similar!! I then filled it with moss balls from the dollar store. As an added note, if your using these outside or planting your plant directly in them I would coat them with a sealer.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile

• Kathy
    Kathy

Thanks for sharing, I’m going to have to do this!!! Love it💗💗💗

wondering if I need to seal it if I use it outside?

• Mary Jo
    Mary Jo

I like yours better than the one you bought. Great job!