What kind of bracket?

+8

Can somebody tell me what this is called? I’m refurbishing a child’s rocking horse and a pair of these are holding the legs to the body, I need to replace them but don’t know what they are called. Thanks.

q what kind of bracket
q what kind of bracket
  • It looks like a swing iron bracket.

• I just answered your other bracket question— if you search online for “rocking horse bracket” you’ll see all sorts of types, you should be able to match from there.

• Em Em on Feb 07, 2021

Take it to Home Depot and ask if they can help or local hardware store. Almost looks like a pipe support.

• William William on Feb 07, 2021

Those look like proprietary brackets made for the manufacturer. You may find something you can modify or fabricate

• Gracie Gracie on Feb 08, 2021

Thank you everybody

• Deb K Deb K on Feb 08, 2021

Hi Gracie, these are j brackets, these have a specific shape to them, if you like, you can paint them to match the project you are working on.

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 09, 2021

Hi Gracie: I'd just clean these up and reuse them. Waste not, want not :)

• See 1 previous
    • Betsy Betsy on Feb 10, 2021

It looks like it may be a straight metal bracket that you can bend, by pounding with a hammer on an anvil, to make the shape you need. It doesn't look like a complicated thing to do. I guess I missed the part where you needed a second set. :(