Vintage Concrete Look Flower Pot

$5

I gave my flower pot a vintage, chalky concrete look with paint and white wax.

I had an old flower pot that was just sitting in storage. I decided to give it an update and add a little greenery to a corner of the living room.

I originally got this pot from a garden center for a few dollars a few years back. I wanted to make this look like a weathered dark concrete planter.

I started by painting the pot and saucer with my charcoal chalk paint that I had left over from another project.

I have it three coats to be sure I had good coverage. I let it dry completely between each coat.

After the paint was dry, I used an old sock to wipe on white finishing wax. This gives that worn and chalky look to the pot.

I wiped on the wax and rubbed it in until I got the look that I wanted.

I took a few layers to get it right.

Then I just popped in my new little plant.

The plant was the only thing I had to buy. I had all the supplies on hand. I love trying to upcycle using what I have. The price is always right this way!

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season