From Garage Sale Magazine Rack To Rolling Pin Kitchen Display

$10

I have updated several thrifted magazine racks with new paint to be used as magazine racks. But, when I saw this one with the open spindles, I came up with another idea.

I wiped my garage sale magazine rack down with hot soapy, Dawn Dish Soap water.

Next, I brushed on a couple of coats of black chalk paint. I lightly distressed the magazine rack with 220 grit sandpaper.

I then pulled out my  BAKERY stencil from Old Sign Stencils. I have used this stencil on several projects, sometimes just the Pies-Cupcakes-Cookies part of the stencil.

Pies-Cupcakes fit well on the rack handle so I stenciled (swirled) it on one side, and "Cupcakes ~ Cookies" on the other side of the handle. I chose Sawmill Gravy as stencil my stencil paint.

I waxed the rack using Big Mama's Butta, and both a rag and wax brush.

So no more rolling pins in a crock on top of the refrigerator, I have a rolling pin collection display piece! I have also displayed my rolling pin collection on two shutters on the wall in a project HERE.

The other side of the handle with Cupcakes and Cookies.

I think this is a fun way to show off rolling pins in a farmhouse style kitchen.

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Organized Clutter