Quick and Easy Valentine's Day DIY Vintage Mason Jar Decor -

$5

I just love Valentine’s Day! It has to be one of my favorite holidays. Check out this DIY and others on the blog.

Today we are sharing this quick and easy Valentine’s Day DIY vintage mason jar decor.

This year, I wanted to make some cute mason jars from these vintage jars I found while out thrifting. You would be surprised what a little chalk paint can do to elevate these beauties in your farmhouse decor. I loved the raised lettering, this comes into play later in the DIY when we sand them down.

You want to start by picking up some chalk paint from your local craft store or Walmart.

Start by painting the entire jar with white, pink, or red chalk paint. We used two coats to make sure the paint had good coverage.

The great things about chalk paint is it is thick and will adhere to almost anything, especially glass.

Make sure you apply thick even coats.

Once the jars have completely dried, (allow to dry in between coats) you are area ready to start sanding.

Depending on how “aged” you want the jars to look will determine how much sanding you will do.

I like them very distressed, so I make sure to sand down especially where they letters are raised.

Now comes the fun part! Time to decorate your mason jars.

We used a variety of blush ribbon and just tied around the top of the jar. We wanted to keep it simple and let the jar be the star of the show.

It is that easy. Now just stage on your mantle, shelf, or in any room your home.

These are so fun to style throughout your home, even through spring.

Let us know what you think about this quick and easy Valentine’s Day DIY vintage mason jar decor below!

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Wendy Zock The Curated Farmhouse