Mid Mod Chest Makeover

$50

Meet Meleah.

I don’t name the pieces I bring back to life...but this one already came with a name. In sharpie. Maleah.

Maleah had peeling veneer but was sturdy and that hardware. I was intrigued and intimidated at the same time.

Before

I had never stripped veneer before. Ever. I like instant gratification and quick projects but I wanted to try to bring her back to life. I used a heat gun and slowly removed all her veneer completely. It was all peeling and we needed to get to her core.

Once all her veneer was stripped I used wood filler to repair some areas. Then I sanded her down.

I shined up the hardware with barkeepers friend. Here’s a before and after to see how pretty I knew that hardware was capable of being!

I painted the base in a dark blue chalk paint. The drawers in Fusion mustard and the little areas where the door pulls would be white.

I added a stencil to the top drawer in the same white chalk paint.

Once it was all painted I added a water based poly and put the hardware back on.

And now Maleah is ready for a fresh start in life!

It may not look like it but this was my biggest furniture transformation to date as it took a long time! I am happy with her final look and hope I did her justice.

Find me on Instagram giving furniture makeovers and painting all the things.

Instagram.com/pickedandposhed

Close up
After

• Fusion paint  (Local Stockist)
  • Stencil  (Michael’s)
  • Barkeepers friend  (Hardware store)

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

I’m curious about what was under the veneer, real wood, or something else? Lovely redo

• Amanda
    Amanda

Love the transformation! Good color choices

• Dianab
    Dianab

I have never seen that type of hardware on a dresser drawer. Does it have a specific name

• Mo Michaels
    Mo Michaels

Beautiful! Love the colors. Your persistence paid off. She’s lovely!

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

You definitely took a pretty tired looking piece of furniture and made it look awesome. A great job.