Macrame Rainbow Wallhanging

$5

My daughter has an obsession with rainbows these days and rainbow macrame hangings seem to be everywhere. So, instead of buying one, I decided to make one for her at a fraction of the cost.

This project is very easy, just time consuming.

I picked you 1/2” rope for the base of the rainbow colors, 4 different color embroidery threads, and some polka dot pattern fabric.

Once I figured out the size and shape of the rainbow I traced it onto a piece of cardboard.

after I cut it out, it will serve as the base of my rainbow to help it keep its shape.

Next I marked 1” from the base of my rope and started wrapping my embroidery thread around the rope.

You’ll want to wrap the thread quite tight and I secured it at the ends with some hot glue.

When you secure it to the cardboard. Try to keep the colors in a straight line as best you can.

after I started securing my rainbow pieces to the cardboard I trimmed the edges of the rainbow so they’re even.

I used a pet brush with very fine bristles to comb out the rope.

Once you’ve finished combing the ends, trim any excess cardboard around the edges.

Voila, there you have it! A fun, customizable, inexpensive project and as an added bonus my daughter loves her new rainbow!

The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas

• Ellen
    Ellen

You can also dye the rope with your colors of choice. Also, NOT a macrame project - not a knot in sight!

• Rebecca Stauffer
    Rebecca Stauffer

you also soak each rope in a bowl of there own die made from water, alcohol and food coloring!