You Are so Art Deco

$120
Advanced

I purchased this buffet on my local Facebook marketplace in hopes to give it a new life and flip it.

It was in great shape as far as the veneer, doors and hardware. But I had much more in store for this piece

I took of the top hutch part as well as the doors and sanded them down with a sand paper grit 120,220 and 320.

I made some sketches and decided to go with option 1. And expose as much of the amazing wood grain as possible.

I added a cool art deco design on the front which I painted with gold paint and "free handed" with the help of frogtape

This is what the art deco design looked like after I applied penetrating stain on the drawers. It really made the gold pop and I loved the direction it was going

I did a design on the top door as well and used a policrilyc clear coat to seal it. Here the clear coat was just applied so it's still wet. I did use the same clear coat on all wood surfaces. Once everything was done I used some art deco wall paper to use as the backdrop for the hutch part if the cabinet. And it was time for pictures

I got the same fabric as the wallpaper to line the top drawer. If you like this transformation and would like to see more follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty