Diy Embroidery Coaster

$5

Hi Friends. I love embroidery. I made an embroidery coaster.

.

.

.

Attach the cross stitch fabric with the hoop.

.

.

.

You can embroider to the extent you want by looking at the pattern.

.

.

.

I embroidered the pattern on a square area.

.

.

.

After embroidering the pattern, I embroidered the edges like a square frame. You can see the pattern I use for the border lines in the lower corner of the photo.

.

.

.

After removing the fabric from the hoop, I cut off the excess fabric leaving an area of 2.5 cm from the edge of the area where I embroidered the pattern. To make a stronger coaster, you can turn the back of the pattern at this stage and apply a thin layer of glue on the ropes.

.

.

.

I gently pulled the threads of the fabric that I left 2.5 cm blank by holding the edges. You can use a pair of tweezers or do it with your hand. You have to separate the ropes one by one. I did the same on all 4 sides of the fabric.

.

.

.

My embroidered coaster is ready. You can make a variety of coasters using different colors and patterns.

.

.

.

My Video about this project. You can also see all details in my video.

.

.

.

How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/3greatideas

• Lillyrose
    Lillyrose

What a beautiful idea. Reminds me of the little towels we did in school. Blue is my favorite color so these are extra special to me. Did you make up this pattern or did you see it elsewhere.

• Leslie
    Leslie

Very nicely done and if I may make a suggestion, if you use the coasters for other drink ware besides coffee and tea cups / mugs, I would get some sheet cork and cut out a square and glue to bottom of the area that is not fringed :)

• Carmela
    Carmela

Thanks! You gave me inspiration to finish the potholders I’m repairing. I was procrastinating the job because it was just boring plain scrap material to work with. Now I’m looking forward to it!