Hide Kitchen Clutter Instantly With a Coffee-themed Appliance Garage!

$29

I have a small kitchen. However being a coffee drinker, I like having all the gear out within easy reach!

So I decided to come up with a way to have it all accessible without having to look at it all the time.

Gathering up some reclaimed wood and a stencil of choice, this idea transpired... making all that clutter much more pleasant to look at... with a coffee theme of course!

Loving the new vibe of the kitchen these days! So if you too would love to hide some kitchen clutter, consider giving one of these a whirl...

I gathered up some cedar wood planks, then cut them to the desired size to create a rectangle (that fit my given stuff).

A front flap was then created that would ultimately close it up.

See the earlier Hot Cocoa version HERE

The cover was attached to the box with some old hinges I had on hand.

So let's decorate that cover next!

Be sure to read the original blog post tutorial below for important details not shared here.

View Fresh Coffee stencil (and others) HERE

Desiring to theme the appliance garage around my beloved coffee, this Fresh Coffee stencil was positioned in the middle of the cover, then stenciled in Fusion Mineral Paint's Coal Black to achieve a stamped crate effect.

Stencil tips:

1. load stencil brush with paint
  2. off-load most onto a rag until brush feels dry
  3. tap or swirl brush through stencil

Let's add some accessories next!

Borrowing some corner brackets from another junked-up crate, hook and eye, a pull and a couple of nails to the side to hang mugs added just the right amount of bling!

And here's the rustic coffee crate lookin' result! Isn't it the cutest?

But the hiding function makes it SO productive as well!

So be sure to measure your gear before building to make sure it all fits.

Loving the vibe of my little Fresh Coffee appliance garage!

I wonder what it would look like as a bread box though... I just may try that next!

Learn more HERE about this and other coffee-themed projects to make!

Think a piece like this would work well in your kitchen? How would you label yours?

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Maude  LaFountain
    Maude LaFountain

That is really awesome ........i dont have much counter space but i sure do like the ....great job....thanks for sharing ...

• Shannon
    Shannon

Love this idea! I am going to do this but make it into a bread box! Thanks for the idea!