Dollar Tree Drawers

$7

The more I go into Dollar Tree, the more impressed with their craft section I become! They have expanded to fabric and yarn and I recently found some hardware knobs which I used for this project. Check out this easy way to create some drawers for storage and eliminate counter clutter!

Grab 2 of these taller crates in the wood section. Use some wood glue and glue the two crates together, horizontally. I held these together with craft clamps while the glue dried.

You will also need to pick up 2 of this style crate. These are slightly smaller and have slat openings. Paint or stain in the color of your choice.

Once your glue has dried, remove your clamps and paint these inside and out.

This is optional, but I used some paint and a craft stencil to put a pattern on my crate slats.

Pick up a set of drawer knobs. You will need 2 total. I found this pack of 2 at Dollar Tree, but any knobs will do! Drill a hole in the middle of each of the smaller crates and insert a knob in each.

Place your smaller crate drawers into your larger crates.

This has worked perfectly for storing hair clips and nail polish in my daughter's room and I am one happy momma eliminating all that dresser clutter! The uses for this are truly endless!

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!

• YourNameHere
    YourNameHere

So creative!!!

• Mary Jo
    Mary Jo

I haven’t seen those yet. I usually buy several of any wood craft stuff they have. I figure I’m saving time. By the time I get home and check ‘Hometalk’ one of you annoyingly clever gals has come up with something really neat to make. I don’t think any of you sleep, you just have over-active brains and you’re constantly creating. Thank you for sharing with those of us who see a wood crate and think (brilliantly) wow, look, a wooden crate...duh. Keep up with all of your fantastic ideas! MaryJo