How to Install a Light Without Wiring

$40

Have you ever found a light fixture on clearance, at a yard sale, or while thrifting, but you didn’t buy it because you didn’t want to mess with wiring it? Well, for accent lighting, you don’t have to hard wire! Just follow these easy steps on How to Install a Light Without Wiring!

*This technique is best for accent lighting only-bedside lights, a spot light for art, or a light that is mostly for decorative purposes. The tap lights used will not put off enough light to light a room.

What You Need:

This post contains affiliate links.

~ Round junction box that will fit inside the base of the light fixture

~Light fixture

~Wire cutters

~Drill and drill bit

~Screws

~ Tap light

~Strong glue, like Gorilla glue, Superglue, or hot glue

Step 1-

Clip off the wiring from the light fixture with wire cutters, or bind them up so that they are not in the way of the fixture mounting flushly.

Step 2-

Dry fit the junction box inside the base of the fixture to be sure that it will fit. If there are already holes in the base of the fixture, check to see that they will line up with holes in the junction box. If not, drill into the base of the fixture where holes will be needed.

Step 3-

Mount the junction box on the wall, paying careful attention to which direction it needs to go in order to match up with the screw holes in the base of the light fixture.

Step 4-

Glue the base of the tap light into the fixture wherever it will stick securely. Make sure when gluing that you will still able to unscrew the tap light to change batteries.

Step 5-

Line up the screw holes in the electric plate and the base of the light fixture, and screw into place.

That’s it! That’s all there is to install a light without wiring!

Set of 5 lights with remote
Set of two lights without remote

Do you want to see another project my hubby did for me?

Please follow and like us!

15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Danielle

• LT
    LT

Just a question....the lights would be perfect for pantry shelves or a storage cabinet. Could I mount the remote on the outside of the cabinet and the use it to turn on the lights inside the cabinet? Thank you for the wonderful project and a new idea. 😉

• Kathy
    Kathy

Could u do this for pendant lights?

• Danielle
      Danielle

Yes, as long as the puck light has something inside the pendant to affix it to. And keep in mind, it won’t give off as much light as a light bulb,

• Dione
    Dione

What brand of puck lights are you using, the pack with remote, because I have had the same problem as Kevin and Em. Thank you kindly for your time.

• Danielle
      Danielle

I used the Brilliant wireless LED set from Amazon. I’ve had them since 2019, at one point they did stop working, but I replaced all of the batteries including the remote battery, and haven’t had anymore problems.

• Em
    Em

Good luck with the puck lights. I bought a set for myself, thought they were cool and then got one for my sister. Both sets burned out in no time and it isn't the batteries. They all just quite. Two full sets of 6 each and they aren't cheap.

• Tonya
    Tonya

Great idea!

• Danielle
      Danielle

Thanks so much! It wasn’t my idea, but it was a great one!